I thought if she had decided on the layout and paper she liked - maybe she would enjoy receiving the card. So, I did the best I could to complete the beautiful card she had started - with just a little different theme. :)
This is a beautiful piece of DP - sage greens, browns and a little pink. I had been waiting for a good opportunity to use this great paper flower I purchased in a pack. Sorry, still on vacation - so do not have the brand name. I sponged just a little ink to give the flower the hint of pink. I layered it on a Spellbinders pinking circle and a slightly larger scallop circle. I used the EK Success mini-scallop border punch for the edge - it is so dainty. I finished the front by stamping Happy Mother's Day in chocolate brown on a Spellbinders scalloped rectangle in white and placing two pink pearls near the saying.
For the inside I made a vellum folding flower - again, TOO much work for the finished product in my opinion. I punched out the MS eyelet border in a matching pink, placed it mid-page and glued a large Spellbinders scalloped rectangle brushed with a little pink ink over the top. On the left hand side I put text again on a Spellbinders scalloped rectangle brushed with a little pink ink with a few tiny stamped flowers to keep it from being too plain on the page.
No comments:
Post a Comment