Friday, June 24, 2011
This card was made for my precious Mom - love you Mom!! My Mom was a seamstress when I was a little girl. She made formals and wedding dresses for many young women. Till I was in high school, she made all my clothes except my underwear and jeans. She even made our winter coats - and they were beautiful. In the last 30 years she has become a master quilter. Thus this card has the sewing theme. I purchased the We R Memory Keepers tool with the scallop stitch piercer. Works great on an old piece of styrofoam. Did not have to buy the mat to go with the piercer. I also found some great DP that looks like a quilted fabric. I used the straight stitch on some of the "fabric" lines with two different shades of pink floss. Then I used the scallop piercer along the side. To add a little more color, I punched out two MS hearts and die cut a Spellbinders tag in the bright pink. I then stamped Happy Mother's Day on the tag in white craft ink and embossed it with clear powder. 
On the inside I again used the Spellbinders heart circles and punched the two hearts out of the "quilt" designer paper. I used a JustRite Stamper - Stitched with Love to stay in the quilting theme. I really like that set. Mother's Day cards are FUN to make!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment