Sunday, January 10, 2010

Birthdays, Christmas, Valentines, Oh My!!


It's been a very long time since I posted anything. Soon you will see and read why!!
Currently I am working on Valentine's Day cards and am having a hard time. I have spent so much time with these two cards, I'm a little weary.
I decided to gather all my Valentine's card making "stuff" into one place so I could see what was available - maybe too much. I'm sure some unnamed people in my house might think that is true...
But, that's NEVER true, right?
My favorite stamps are valentines and roses, so I have plenty to choose from!

I got a Big Shot to replace my old Zip e Mate and WOW, I love it. Cuts through about anything and has a wider bed and replacement parts!!

Stamps - SU Hearts background, Quickutz heart border, Spellbinders hearts die and an old Fiskars heart border punch.
I am really disappointed in the color of the second picture - the pink is really a coral pink. (But as you can see on the first picture, one of the inside white hearts is showing in the heart cutout, and there is a lot of glare. The colors are more true in it.) The coral is a little unusual for me, but it is a great glitter paper.
I spent WAY too much time on this card... I started with the BIGZ XL that I purchased in a promotion from SU. It has the changeable dies. I thought this would make great valentines if I put it together with a beautiful stamp from Inkadinkado that I purchased from Archievers. Well, the stamp was too big. So I decided to make a bigger card, but then cutting the heart window became complicated. SO, like I said I spent WAY too much time on this one.
Stamps - heart from Inkakinkado, With Love - Denami, Happy Valentine's Day - PSX.
Dies - Sizzlets, Spellbinders
Border Die - Fiskars
Inside of valentine card.
Now, this may seem like an odd picture, but it is important!! My daughter-in-law is an incredible card maker, gift wrapper, etc. This is a picture of one of the beautiful gifts she gave me before I opened it. (Yes, it had stamping stuff in it!!)
Here is a picture of some of the beautiful packages she placed under our tree. She used the Basic Grey wrapping paper, so...
When I made her thank you card, I used leftover pieces of the wrapping paper and ribbon for the card. I also received a Letterpress machine for Christmas, which I liked, but the template construction leaves a LOT to be desired... I did add a Letterpress piece on the front.
The tree is a chipboard piece from an old Lisa Bearnson set covered in, you guessed it, Basic Grey wrapping paper!! The "Love You" is part of a Quickutz die set I purchased for $3.66; original price $24.99. It is true that good things come to those who wait... Wish I was always patient!!
This thank you was for my son. I forgot to take a picture before I wrote on it. But, I love the reindeer!! The stamp and paper are from Paper Source. In the picture you cannot tell the paper is shiny; it is beautiful. Color is Shimmer Chocolate. I just added different colors of Stickles for the ornaments, and it was done.
This was a quick thank you (after the Letterpress was done.) I love the colors!!
Paper - old SU
Metal gift - Making Memories
This is not a great picture of the card, but I loved the die cut.
Die cut - Lattice BIGZ from SU
Border punch - Martha Stewart
Ornament punch - SU
Stamps - SU, MorningStar
Now, I will explain why it has been so long since I have posted. Above is a pix of my oldest granddaughter. We are making sugar cookies for my son, her uncle. In December we have 4 birthdays, besides Jesus' birthday, and 3 anniversaries. All are before Christmas, except one birthday. SO, we are always busy in December!! On top of all of that...
We got our new puppy the day after Thanksgiving! Now, I know you are all saying, "Why would anyone get a puppy in the winter? Well, I did not want a new puppy in the winter either, but we had to put our 12 year old lab to sleep in April. For a while we were not sure we wanted another dog. But, after a little incident in our neighborhood in August, we decided we WERE getting a new puppy. After lots of searching by my DH, we found a breeder and their next litter was due in October. So, our new pup was ready to be adopted the day after Thanksgiving!! On the day we got her, she weighed 14 lbs. Yesterday, she weighed in at 24!! This picture is of my youngest son with her a few days after we got her. What follows is his birthday card.
At some point in October or early November, we got a bulk mailing from American Express. I looked at the boxes and thought, "Wow, these would make great cards!" As you will see this was my second attempt, far better than the first. The picture above is of the outer covering. I covered it in some great wrapping paper from Hobby Lobby. I stamped the Happy Birthday to You stamp several times on white paper and cut them out. I then stamped the inside of the circles, added Thickers for his name and a little ribbon.
On the "card" I used the SU signs set. I stamped them and cut them out, put them through the xyron and attached them to the out side of the window panel.
I had this birthday DP - not sure of company. I also had a great "son" stamp from My Sentiments Exactly.
Then I put a ribbon on that part to open up to an area to write the greeting. FUN, huh? It's so fun to try something new with a found object!!
This card was made from the 2nd American Express box - glad both my hubby and I got that junk mail!! This was my first attempt. This card was for my daughter-in-law. I used some old Basic Grey papers to cover the outside envelope.
I put the Happy Birthday letters on the outside of the window, as well as the "From our house."
My daughter-in-law had just completed new curtains for their house, so I tried to make the inside look like curtains.
For this I used a new MS punch. And as you can see the SU birthday stamp set.This is my son-in-law's card. He is a NASCAR fan, so I am always trying to come up with something about racing. I had just learned how to make the slider cards, so I thought this would be fun. Besides, my little granddaughter would be amazed at the moving parts!!
Stamps - SU, Morningstar
Embossing folder - Cuttlebug
This is the left pullout panel.
And the right.
Finally some stickers on the inside.
So, even though I have not had time to post since October, I have done some stamping!!
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment